Wootek Lim is the founder and the art-director of the Seoul based design studio ATO. Lim has broad work experience with furniture, space concepts, and fast moving high tech product design for mobile phones or computing devices and even user experience. ATO also brings a new perspective to discovering new experiences in the cultural histories and beauties that have not been highlighted, and trying to apply them to contemporary life style. So the works of ATO exist somewhere between east, west, past and future, not on one side of them. ATO is the new way to fuse them. ATO is a native Korean word meaning 'gift'.
Activities & Exhibitions.
- Italian Design Day / Young Designers meet Marva Griffin / Italian Cultural Institute in Korea / 2017. 02. 28
- The food project, The shape of taste / MART MUSEO DI ARTE MODERNA E CONTEMPORANEA / Rovereto, Italy / 2013. 02~2013. 06
- Life User Manual / Seoul 284 / 2012. 09~2012. 11 / Seoul, Korea
- New Designer Exhibition / BMH gallery / 2008. 04 / Seoul, Korea
- Super power Exhibition / T-space gallery / 2008.09.25~30 / Seoul, Korea
Work experience & Representative projects.
- ATO DESIGN STUDIO / Art director / 2016. 10~
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd Mobile / User experience design / 2013. 09~2016.09
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd Mobile / Product design / 2009.01~2013.08
- Samsung Design Membership / Product design / 2006.11~2008.12 2007
- Hanyang University / 2000~2009 / BA Degree, Graduated at Dept. of Industrial Design
- Brigham Young University / 2005~2006/ ESL and General lecture course
- IDEA International Design Award / 2008 / Bronze Prize / United States
- Red dot International Design Award / 2008 / Winner / Germany / 2 pieces
- Red dot International Design Award / 2007 / Winner / Germany
- Livart International Design Contest / 2007 / Silver Prize / Korea
- Gwang Ju Biennale LED light Design Competition / 2007 / Winner / Korea
T: +82 10 8886 8674
A:114-6, Eulji-ro, Jung-gu Seoul, Republic of Korea